It is incumbent upon us as leaders to maintain a professional presence regardless of any situations we are facing. Especially those of us who are entrepreneurs.
One interesting fact is sometimes a client will pay more and at the same time settle for less than to have the drama associated with ‘great work’ and or ‘huge egos’.
Well here’s a great place to start improving. Do some soul searching and see where you are in maintaining a professional presence with your clients…Ask yourself these questions and be totally honest. In fact, if you have a mentor ask your mentor to evaluate you in the following areas.
1. How am I coming across when I’m under pressure?
2. What channels I use to communicate important information? Is it a preferred method by my clients?
3. How do I handle messages and follow up conversations?
4. Do I always do my best, in my clients presence and behind their backs and who defines what is my best, my clients or I?
5. Am I humble or do I get ahead of myself when I think I get it, and can I be trusted with sensitive information?
6. Do I let the unprocessed me hang all out for clients and everyone to see?
If you are coming up low on any of these behaviors, talk with a mentor and develop a plan together to help get you to a better place in the near future.
Anyone of these behaviors could be an impediment for you getting from good to great and from developing a personal brand of maintaining a professional presence.
If you do not have a mentor or a career coach please contact Job Cafe Inc at 215-817-6240 or firstname.lastname@example.org